Monday, March 28, 2011

What's going on?

This is my 5th year of owning and running Westchester Adventure Boot Camp.  I've been in the fitness industry a long time, and other than being a rock star, I really couldn't imagine doing anything else.  :)  Nothing is more rewarding to me than hearing a client tell me I've helped them make positive changes in their life; that they feel stronger and more confident than ever before.  That they are wearing clothes that haven't fit into in years, or they've been shopping and have gone down a size or two.  I love to help women learn to be powerful and develop self confidence by working out.  Every day, they are working toward becoming the kind of person they want to be, and toward living the life that they want to live.  This is why I love my job.

It's taken me a long time to get on the blog band-wagon.  When I first went into business for myself, I was told it was a must, but it always seemed so self-indulgent to me.  Do people really care, or want to know what' going on with my life?   I think I'm just a regular person, doing regular things, you know?   In thinking about it more, and seeing the phenomenon of Facebook prevail over the past few years, I've realized people do want to know "stuff".  I reach a good amount of people with what I do, and if I can help just one person see something differently, or give them an idea - whether it's with their training, or their diet - than that's great.

For the next year, I will be studying through Intergrative Nutrition to be a health coach.  I will be part of a growing revolution to awaken and change society for the positive.  Nutrition is the only science where people can scientifically prove opposing theories and still be right.  People are completely confused about food, and our county is unhealthy and fatter than ever.  I feel like in a way, I've always been a health coach, but now I'm learning more tools to help people take control of their lives, unlearn destructive habits and start living to their full potential.  What a wonderful journey this will be. 

Stay tuned - I have a feeling Im going to have a lot of fantastic things to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment