Wednesday, February 2, 2011

NEED A GOOD WORKOUT, BUT CAN'T GET OUT OF THE HOUSE?

All these snow days are getting a bit ridiculous.  Since when did we becme such wimps?!?!  I remember the blizzard of "76, when I was a kid living in Newport RI....my father and I were out on the roads for some reason and had to park his van at the the top of the road and walk home because we were at the bottom of a hill.  I also remember always being outside playing in the snow, or asking my neighbors if I could shovel their driveways.  I rarely see kids out these days.  What are they doing?  Sitting inside on the computer or playing video games?  No wonder you parents are going crazy with all these snow days!  Who wouldn't need some stress relief from that?  While you may be stuck inside and not able to get to boot camp or the gym, you can still get a good workout, right at home.  The only thing you'll need for this total body workout is a set of dumbells and a bench.  No worries if you don't have the bench, you can use a step, a coffee table, or even a chair.  If you are uncertain of any exercises, Google or YouTube them.  Or, you can contact me.  :)   Now, go burn some calories, and let me know how you do!

Perform each exercise for 1 minute.  Go through at least 3 times; that should take you close to an hour.

PLANK
PRISONER SQUATS
RENEGADE ROWS
JUMPING JACKS
PUSH UPS
BULGARIAN SPLIT-SQUAT W/BICEP CURL
TRICEP DIP
MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
SIDE PLANK
SINGLE LEG HIP BRIDGE (AKA HIP EXTENSION)
SPIDER MAN PUSH UP
BENT OVER ROW
BICYCLE CRUNCH
SQUAT JUMP

No comments:

Post a Comment